First Offense Drunk Driving (DUI) Attorney Serving Orlando, Florida
Getting a DUI in Orlando is not the end of the world, especially if it is your first offense.
One of the best things you can do to help defend your first DUI case is retain an experienced lawyer who knows the best tactics to defend your case and ensure that you do not have to suffer and undue legal ramifications because of your DUI.
Drunk driving attorney Joe Knape is an experienced and aggressive criminal defense attorney that is proud to serve the Orlando community. If you are looking for an expert drunk driving lawyer to defend your DUI in the Orlando area look no further, he will help you get the best results out of your case.
For More Information About How Our DUI Attorney Can Help You, Call (407) 508-7774 Today!
Penalties for Drunk Driving Charges in Orlando: First Time DUI Offenders
The penalties for first time DUI offenders are much less severe than second time offenders. If you were charged with your second DUI see our Orlando second offense DUI attorney page.
Below are some of the penalties that you may incur as a result of your DUI case in Orlando.
- Potential Jail time for a first time DUI offense: 6 Months Maximum (Blood Alcohol Level from .08 to less than .15) – 9 Months Maximum (Blood Alcohol Level above .15) In lieu of imprisonment, the judge may order that you complete a treatment program.
- Fines for a first DUI Offense in Orlando: You may be charged from $500 to $1,000 a Blood Alcohol Level From .08 to less than .15. For a blood alcohol level of .15 or higher, or if there was a minor present within the vehicle, you may be charged from $1,000 to $2,000.
- Community Service for first DUI Offense: The typical required amount of community services hours for your first DUI is 50 hours. In some cases, these hours can be “bought” out of.
- Vehicle Impoundment: If you have been charged with a DUI in Orlando, then your car will usually be impounded for 10 Days. Special exceptions exist for this 10 day period, but that is the typical sentence for a first time DUI offender.
- Driver’s License Suspension: You will be suspended for at least 6 months for a 1st DUI conviction. You are already likely suspended by the DHSMV for either refusing to submit to the breathalyzer or providing a breath sample above the legal limit.
- Vehicle Ignition Interlock Device: This is breathalyzer in your car and if you are charged with a BAC above .15 you can likely expect this device to be part of your minimum sentence for 6 months. This device will not allow your car to start if you cannot produce an alcohol free breath sample. This part of the sentence doesn’t start until you are able to get your driver’s license back which makes it more challenging to be successful on probation.
Each DUI cases varies, these are only some of the penalties you may incur from your DUI case. However, you may incur more penalties if you get an inexperienced DUI attorney to defend your case for you. Do Not Let That Happen!